Monday, August 6, 2012

My walk today 8/6/12

 The entrance to the bike path...It was a much more pleasant and peaceful walk this morning. Just a few bikers, a few runners and a couple of fellow walkers
 on the foot path on the way in to the bike path, i stopped for a few berries that grow wild there
 the birds love these too
 an interesting old marker on the path
 we got some much needed rain last night and everything looked clean and fresh
wildflowers in the woods
 there were leaves and small branches scattered all over the path from the heavy rains. I made sure to push the branches from the path so the bikers wouldn't skid on them.
 (heart)
 different colors, all subtle signs of a season to come
 the walk on the path was done under cool cloudy skies
 and this little guy took a stroll on the path too
and as soon as i stepped off the path, the sky cleared and the sun came out.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I enjoyed taking a walk with you, dear friend... I wish I was there in person to experience it with you, but this was the next best thing!

Sketching with Dogs said...

I enjoyed your walk so much, it almost felt like I was there.
Your brambles are out early, it is usually September here before they are black. I love them.
Lynne x

Mare said...

Hi Paula, thank you for visiting! I wish you WERE here! We'd have a blast.

Mare said...

Hi Lynne, you are right about the berries...It seems that everything is out of whack this year. Some things are ready early and some things are taking forever. My tomatoes are almost all still green. I've taken 2 big ripe tomatoes from the plants so far. But i have a gazillion green ones that will probably all be bright red and ready all at the same time! oiy...

Sketching with Dogs said...

I think you will have lots of happy friends and neighbours :)