Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Walk- More Trees

 On the way to the bikepath i pass Greenbriar park, where this huge tree shades the swings
 and if you take the time to notice, as you get closer...
 it actually fans out to four trunks!
 The crotch in the tree is quite large. Lola could fit inside of it comfortably
(i feel another photo coming...)


 and this is a little stream just off the road i walk on. I walk early enough each morning that there are very few people out and about. So i always stop here and look for tadpoles and pollywogs swimming in the shallows. It's here that the sounds of the water trickling and the birds singing and the crickets chirping and the heat bugs droning makes me forget all the stuff i think about constantly, and i can quieten my mind and get into the walk.

 Anybody know what these berries are?
 Old Rose of Sharon near the path
 Purple Loosestrife...an invasive species, but beautiful none the less! And the bees just love it.


4 comments:

Paula said...

So beautiful, my friend!! Thanks for taking me on a walk with you!!

Sketching with Dogs said...

That tree is so unusual! I haven't a clue about the berries.
Lynne x

Mare said...

Thanks for visiting my friends.

crimsoncat05 said...

I love going along on your walks with you, Mare! Especially since I don't get much of a chance to see trees anymore; as much as I love the desert, I do still miss trees and green sometimes.