Sunday, June 29, 2008

So Much Rain...a Garden Update...

We are in a very wet weather pattern here in Upstate New York. It has been hot and muggy, making the perfect scene for thunderstorms and heavy rain to roll in almost every day last week. As soon as my geraniums recover from getting doused with pelting rain, and start to put out some nice blooms again, down comes another deluge! I really have no right to complain. We could be dealing with floods as our brothers and sisters in the mid west are. Or it could be the other way around and we could be dealing with drought and fires, as in California... So all in all i am pretty grateful for what we've got going here. Even if the geraniums do look a little grumpy!
The roses continue to bloom and the bees were having a blast rolling around in the pollen this morning...

And the phlox are starting to bloom too...

This variety is called "Bright Eyes" and it smells so sweet. My Grandmother Mary loved phlox...

While it is raining cats and dogs outside, inside the crafting goes on... Time to make new baby hats out of cotton yarn for The Paper Sparrow. We put out a dozen on the shelves at the opening and are down to 5, with no little boy's hats left. So, it's time to get the looms out again! I hope your weekend is going well....

6 comments:

Phill said...

Let me tell you how much I love my knitting looms ... okay, I can't. I love them that much. I use the rectangles more that the circular ones, but I mostly make scarves. Speaking of, I need to get to knitting - gotta get that Etsy shop filled for the cold weather, LOL!

Mare said...

CM! I KNEW we had a lot in common! I love those looms too! You know i have all the sets, and have never taken the rectangular looms out of the package yet?! The round ones keep me so busy, making hats and dolls. I crochet most of my scarves and they sell well too! And thanks for the kick in the pants-it IS time to get working on cold weather stuff! I've been looking for your Etsy shop...Can't find a link on your blog??

Phill said...

I realized I had taken the link off my blog somehow. I put it back today. It's toward the bottom - I move it back up during the season.

Nothing too impressive in the shop right now. I usually use very mottled/graded fancy yarns in different shades, but all the good stuff got bought up last Winter. So, LOL, it's there, but most of the interesting stuff is gone.

However, I bought some really interesting yarns in the little shop in Saranac Lake last week that I'll be knitting up when I get back to the rural house next week. Gorgeous stuff!

Paula said...

Oh those are all so gorgeous, Mare... I love phlox, too- it reminds me of my Grandmother... she had a whole bunch of it at her house.

Mare said...

CM, i love your scarves! It is so nice to meet another loom knitter too. The colors you pick are the colors i am drawn to. :)

Mare said...

Hi Paula,
It is so nice that we share that memory of our Grandmothers and their flowers....I bet her house smelled like heaven when the flowers bloomed! :)