Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Malas

A green Jade mala
I managed to bring my little travel case with my wire, beads and tools to Boston with me and while there i managed to make a few new malas . For those who don't already know, a mala is a string of prayer beads worn or carried by the owner, used to count the repetition of prayers, much like a rosary. As i would complete a new mala i would place it around my neck, and wear it for a bit to check to make sure there were no problems with the piece. I was approached a few times by people who wanted to buy them from me right off my neck there at the conference center!
Aquamarine mala with Quartz crystal center bead


Soft pink Rose Quartz mala

This is my own personal mala i wear all the time. I could have sold this one a few times! It is made of Amethyst tumbled beads with a Lemon Quartz center bead. I have always had a fascination with malas and rosaries and love to make them too. I thought i would share the new bead projects with you...

2 comments:

Phill said...

Oh, Mare - sigh - it's been a heck of a few days, and it was so nice to come over here and see such a nice post. The Aquamarine & Quartz mala is really beautiful - thanks for posting the pics.

Mare said...

Thank you CM...You've been thru a rough patch lately. I'm sending a little healing Reiki energy your way...