Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hannah Pearl

 The day before Gipetto passed, i went to my local Petsmart to see a kitten i had viewed online. My local animal shelter, the Mohawk and Hudson River  Humane Society, has a special room set up there to adopt out cats and kittens from the shelter. This way, people who are not inclined to go to the shelter, can still see the beautiful cats that are available for adoption. I often look at the animals for adoption online, and when i saw this kitten's picture, i knew she belonged with me(the same thing happened when i saw Rosie's picture, from the same shelter location) Her original name was LoriAnn. She and her sister were thrown in a box and abandoned in the Shelter parking lot. They were thin, and had diarrhea. LoriAnn has a wandering eye....

 So the good people of the shelter took these little ones in and got them ready for their new homes. I went to meet LoriAnn on Saturday, and brought her home. I knew she was mine. And i knew her real name was Hannah. But after i got her home, she purred and purred, but her purr sounded like a "purrlll"...So, her full name is Hannah Pearl. Her big kitten sisters are not so sure she was a good idea but they will come around. The dogs are fascinated with her! Life is funny. One life moves on and one moves in...I hope we have a very long friendship....

(i included this picture because i thought it was interesting. Hannah had a hard time sitting still for the pictures so i started doing Reiki on her, and this is what the webcam picked up)

4 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Welcome Hannah Pearl. Isn't she a cutie-pie Mare. I love her colour. She has certainly landed on her dainty paws when you adopted her, have fun together.
The web picture is amazing.
Lynne x

Mare said...

Morning Lynne! They told me she is a dilute tiger(ess)I almost named her Peachy after my godmother who passed away last Summer. She has big splotches of peach colored fur mixed in with her tiger stripes. She is a live wire!
Reiki is very powerful...Have you ever tried it?

Sketching with Dogs said...

No, I have never tried Reiki but my sister is a Reiki Master (we are bitter enemies, LOL).
Lynne x

Mare said...

I cannot imagine anyone being mean to you(unless you are kidding! :) Give it a try. It really works!