Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flower Essence~ Rosa Rugosa

It seems like forever and a day since i have felt strong enough, and the sun has been out long enough to make flower essences. But Monday morning i woke up to sunny skies and a gorgeous rose bush calling to me. Time to get to work!

Many years ago i took a slip of this wild growing rosa rugosa bush home with me from around the cabin we used to stay at in Cape Cod. Now it's HUGE...

Looks like i wasn't the only one who had their attention called to the roses in my garden. This little guy was rolling around in the flowers and having a grand old time...

I asked what flowers were ready to offer their services and caught them in a bowl for the process

i almost always include some clear quartz crystals and a piece of rose quartz in the essence bowl, just because i love it so much...

i let the bowl sit in the sun for about 5 hours and when i decanted the essence, the water smelled and tasted strongly just like the flowers. I drank down every bit of the lovely water that didn't fit in the essence jar. It was like a Love Potion...

4 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

That would also make a lovely table decoration with such pretty flowers and the rose quartz.
I have never tasted flower essence but have heard gin is similar and have drunk plenty of that, LOL!
Hope it did you lots of good Mare.
Lynne x

Mare said...

Hi Lynne! I too like the taste of Gin because it tastes like pine trees(or at least it does to me!)I usually preserve the essence of the flowers in brandy and sometimes vodka. Flower Essences are used in very small dosages for medicinal purposes. But then again i heard so is alcohol! ;)

Sketching with Dogs said...

We have the Bach Flower remedies here, do you have that? It is like a holistic medicine that cures your nerves - I should have a cupboard full, LOL!
Lynne x

Mare said...

Hi Lynne, yes, we also have Dr Bach's remedies here too, but i like to make my own with the plants that grow around my gardens. It's really pretty simple to do! I also use flower essences and tinctures from Perelandra, which is a garden center here in the USA, much like Findhorn. I use Perelandra's ETS (Emergency Trauma Solution)for humans and animals almost daily, especially since i had the stroke. I really think they help.