Monday, November 17, 2008

Special Order~ Aunt Peggy's Bears

When Aunt Peg saw my first bear, Cornelius, she asked me to make two bears for her grandsons for Christmas. Because the boys are very young, these teddies have no joints or buttons, or small parts that can be pulled off and swallowed...

The pod like shapes they are laying on are more bear parts knitted up and waiting to be stuffed and sewn together. And when they are ready they will sit on the shelves of The Paper Sparrow, waiting for children to take them home!
(or just some big kid like me! ;)

6 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi mare!
oh your teddies are wonderful! i just started crocheting my forst bear for the mother bear project last night and it is so fun and fast. what a great pattern!
i will post him when i am done.
thank you again for the link!
xo
melissa

Phill said...

Awesome - I love the blue one. I know it;s almost silly, but my favorite part is that they have little scarves on! They're really neat. I may have to learn to do something like this - I always think they are so fun every time I see them on your blog.

Phill said...

Oh yeah, and I tagged you with a meme at my blog. =)

Paula said...

Oh Mare- those are adorable!! You did such a good job on them!!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi mare!

i just finished my first bear today and i blogged about him and you. :)
http://pugnotes.blogspot.com/2008/11/mother-bear-project.html
have a wonderful weekend!
melissa

Mare said...

Thanks Melissa, CM and Paula! These little bears are so EASY to knit up and can be as simple or as fancy as you want to make them! CM, if you want i will send you the pattern. It's easy-peasy as they say!
Melissa! I just saw your post and your bear came out fantastic! You GO girl!! Some little child is going to love that teddy bear....