Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pumpkinheads and Posies

Here are my latest projects...This one is made especially for Halloween and the Fall...

A little Pumpkinhead Hat!
And i finally finished the turquoise sweater. Both the hat and sweater are the same patterns i used here modeled by Lola, but i changed them up a bit. I put the edging on this sweater by learning how to "pick up" stitches... The posies on the collar are crocheted, and then sewn on as embellishments.


I also learned how to make french knots, tho you can barely see them in the center of the flower as i used pale yellow for the center.

Next projects? Knitted teddy bears. I have two different projects going here and will hopefully have something to show for all those stitches soon! I am loving this new skill i am learning!

6 comments:

Phill said...

You are so good at the decorative stuff and those little adorable things like leaves and flowers!

Mare said...

Thank you CM! The leaves i have been thinking and thinking about and just couldn't figure out how to make them with knitting needles. So i took out my crochet hook and just came up with my own pattern...Now if i can only remember what i did... ;)

Peng Peng said...

OMG, that pumpkin hat.. i would actually wear that (adult sized of course) lol! great knitting you are doing. One of these days I will sit down and learn to knit (been saying that fer years)

Mare said...

Hi PengPeng! Thanks for posting and for the encouragement! I HIGHLY recommend learning how to knit. I was the same way, wanting to learn all these years and never taking the time to do it. I finally did it and am loving it! I think with your artistic abilities, if you started knitting critters, you would definitely do great!
Actually i have thought i'd like to make that hat for me to wear too! ;)

crimsoncat05 said...

oh my goodness, that hat and little sweater are absolutely adorable!! Your knitting looks great! My grandma taught me to crochet, but all I can remember is how to make a chain... not what to do with it after that! I do remember what a nice time it was to sit next to her on the couch while we crocheted, though... thanks for the memories!

Mare said...

Thank you crimsoncat! My Grama taught me to knit too, but like you, only squares and rectangles. I think i taught myself how to crochet...can't remember...But these new knitting classes i've been taking are fabulous and have really got my juices flowing!I imagine the classes you are taking now do the same for you my friend. Keep posting on the results, and i'll keep checking in on you! You inspire me....