Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hello and Goodbye- a tribute to my best friend.

I said goodbye to one of my oldest and dearest friends yesterday
Amos Moses Robinson... Mozie, was 13 years old. Isn't it strange that now matter how long you are Blessed to have them with you, you are never ready to let them go.

I took this picture of him and little Polly yesterday morning. She liked to cuddle up next to him, as he would stay still and let her snuggle.

Mozie had been showing signs that he was failing now for a year or so. I could see this coming with both eyes closed. Isn't it strange how that doesn't seem to make it any easier when the time comes?

Mozie was bigger than life. There was a lot of dog packed into that little body. He lived a fun, full, active life. He was the youngest of the Boys, but i always said that because he lived so "hard" he showed the wear and tear on his body before the others.

Our vet, Doctor White, said it was liver failure, and probably his heart too. I think he decided it just wasn't fun any more...

I have never had such a loyal, loving, and true friend. I was standing out in the yard last night while the other dogs went out for the last time before going to bed. I was missing Mozie so much. And then the thought came to me that we had him for a very long time, and now it was time to share him. In leaving his body he became part of everything now. And that gave me a little relief for a few minutes. So friends, take a few minutes today to recognize Mozie. He is the extra sweetness in the air today. He is the loyalty of the sun, and the gentle caress of the breeze...
We love you Moz....

No comments: