Friday, May 23, 2008

Tiny Flowers

I thought i would share with you some of the tiny flowers that are blooming in my home this morning. I keep many different kinds of "houseplants" here and every windowsill is full to overflow with potted plants. The sun room is dedicated to Bonsai for the most part. We have a very small piece of land here where we live and every inch is precious to us, so there is no room for a greenhouse. So i have to be selective about what comes home with me, and very creative about how to share the limited space. So when my plants and trees gift me with flowers, i know that is a sign they are happy here...
This is a new mini bougainvillea named "Carpet Purple" I hope to repot this little tree in a nice clay training pot this weekend.

This is my Fukien Tea tree that has been with me for three years now. Last year in late Summer it gave me fruit! This picture was taken this morning after i gave it a shower.

These buds are getting ready to open on my Wrightia Religiosa or Vietnamese Water Jasmine tree. I have several varieties of jasmine here and when they bloom, even these tiny flowers, can scent a whole room with heavenly fragrance...

And last, but not least, one of my African violets is blooming. African violets were my Grandmother Mary's favorite plant and she taught me all about keeping them happy,tho i don't go to the lengths she went to, like playing classical music for them and bathing them weekly. And she had hundreds of them! (Again, every windowsill was full of pots with growing things) It may not show here in the photo but these little flowers absolutely glitter in the sunlight. I am so grateful for all of these little gifts from Mother Nature...

No comments: