Monday, December 29, 2008

Gifts from my "other" children (from different Mothers...)

I received a few special gifts in the mail from two of my sponsored children just before
Christmas Day...
This is my Christmas Card from Km Neeta, from India. She included one of her precious stickers of Minnie Mouse on the card too!

And here is my yearly "report card" and photo of Nisansala from Sri Lanka. I am amazed at how much she has grown in just 1 year! (Last year's photo here) Her report card says she wants to be a doctor when she grows up.

This is her holiday gift to me. She is quite the artist!

Nisansala also sent me this beautiful drawing in a separate letter that arrived on Christmas Eve. This child lives in a war zone, yet she can go into her imagination and draw such beautiful and peaceful scenes. One of her favorite things to do is read books. I know this is a good way to escape what is going on around you...

Maybe she has learned how to carry Peace around inside of herself ... There is so much we can learn from children...

7 comments:

Claire MW said...

What an absolute delight, to see the pictures that they drew for you. I love the little purple bird and the flower in the first picture, as well as the sun between the mountains. The second picture is idyllic! As you say, peace is in the heart. I wondered if those were bird houses or bird feeders hanging in the tree. Makes me think about sponsoring such a child. Thank you for that eye opener!

Kelli said...

Wonderful that you sponsor children! God bless you for that. I sponsored a child, Tiago, for seven years...he's an adult now. :)

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Mare!
Oh what a beautiful post!
What a joy to meet these special children.
xo
m & e

Mare said...

Thanks everybody! I have been sponsoring children thru CCF for over 25 years. I forget how many children have been "adopted" into our family...If you have ever thought you might like to sponsor a child, please feel free write to me and i can let you know how much this has changed my life...I really do believe it makes a solid difference in the world, one child, one family at a time....

CCF said...

From all of us over at the Christian Children's Fund we would like to say thank you! One of the greatest things for us to see is the connections made between sponsors and the children right before our very eyes. We were wondering, would it be OK if we linked to you from our blogs? CCF actually has two blogs, CCF in our Communities and CCF in the Field. Feel free to check them out! Also, if anyone would like information on how to sponsor a CCF child, visit us here.

Mare said...

CCF Blogger-please feel free to link me up! Please let me know if there is anything else i can do to help...mare

Lisa Anne Baumbach said...

How long have you been doing this? How do I get involved?

Also,thanks so much for the kind and thoughtful words your left on my blog regarding my father.

Rosamund