Friday, June 28, 2013

Your Grandmother's Rosary -A New Line of Wire Wrapped Rosaries

 I've been working hard to perfect my wire wrapping skills and am loving making these vintage looking rosaries. I use aged looking wire and old reproduction pieces for these little treasures. I try to make them look like they could be found in your Grandmother's old jewelry box.
 This little rosary is made of champagne cut glass crystal and copper components.
 This chaplet is made of real bronze reproduction metal pieces, vintage bronze wire and little glass beads that are cut like little roses. The Pater bead is rhodonite.
 
 And this one is made of real bronze reproduction pieces and multi faceted cut glass crystal that reflects all different colors from the glass beads.
 I LOVE the sparkle...
 And this is my first full size five decade rosary, made by wire wrapping every bead. It takes three times as much wire and twice as much time to make as my hand chained rosaries, but i really love the end result.
 This rosary is made with semi precious "golden agate" beads, jewelers quality red brass wire and light bronze colored metal components. On closer inspection, i think the beads are made up of some carnelian and citrine beads.
It's like holding a handful of sunshine. Stop by and visit my rosaries by clicking here...

2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

They are beautiful Mare. My favourite is the second one with the cut rose beads.
I think your wire-wrapping skills are superb. If I tried it they would probably slit someone's jugular open, LOL.
Lynne x

Mare said...

Thank you Lynne. And i remind you, i am a clutz, so if i can learn to wire wrap, so can you! ;) Love, mare