Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What's Bloomin? Everything's Comin up Yellow(with a little bit of blue too)

 Happy May! Spring is HERE!!! And the endless work in the gardens begins....

 The first thing to bloom in my gardens after the long Winter is the forsythia...

The only other color in the garden besides green and yellow is this little patch of blue...I planted these tiny bulbs years and years ago and they come up every year. I can't remember what they are called. Anybody out there know their name?

 We have a few daffodils that still pop up too. Somehow the squirrels missed digging these up
 I've got the deck set up and swept, and this week i'll plant some geraniums in the pots out there. I have some perennial herbs to put into the new raised garden beds in the dog's yard too...

It's so nice to have flowers in the gardens again! It looks like maybe next week the flowering trees might bloom!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Beautiful blooms, sweet friend..

Sketching with Dogs said...

Your Spring flowers are looking so pretty. I love your deck, so much space to relax and enjoy.
Lynne x