Thursday, October 18, 2012

Back to work- Crochet

 I set these little hats out on the table to take pictures, and felt such a sense of accomplishment and happiness... These are the first projects from a pattern that i've made since the stroke in late April. For the most part, many of the side effects from the hemorrhage have lessened, but they are still there when i become tired or over taxed. So, following a pattern, practicing with my mountain dulcimer, learning something new, is coming along a little slower lately.
After i finished the hats, i started making bunny blankets, which is also a simple pattern to follow.
 Simple or not, i am SO grateful to be able to create these little baby things after such a devastating event. One of the gifts of the cerebral hemorrhage is, i am grateful for every little thing...I am grateful for my ability to walk, talk, laugh, practice my dulcimer, do my healing work, and create.
 I am grateful for my life. It has changed the way i think and the way i see things. I take nothing for granted any more.
It's so good to be back to work again. These little apple dumpling and pumpkin dumpling hats and bunny blankets will be arriving at Artcentric Gallery in downtown Troy NY this week. Thank you Deb, for keeping some space open for me in your shop. I hope these little offerings help to make some little babies very happy and warm...

2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

They are lovely Mare, I am so happy to see you are able to do the things you love once again.
You are so right about an illness showing you how precious life is. I hope we are friends for many, many years to come.
Love Lynne xxx

Mare said...

Thank you so much Lynne! I'm sure we will be friends forever...