Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Ordinarily, on a 4th of July morning, i would be running here and there, getting things ready for a big family picnic of anywhere between 20-30 people(if everybody shows up!)...wiping down deck furniture, counting paper plates, cooking last minute goodies...But this year, everything has been turned around a bit since i had the stroke. I thought i would spend the day alone, quiet in my home...maybe read and garden and sit in the sun a bit. Generally i enjoy being alone in my home. But today it felt really weird, and sort of lonely...

But my daughters just called and are planning to pick me up and take us all to visit "Poppy" (Bill, who is still staying at a local nursing facility until i get the all clear from my doctors) and we are bringing a picnic with us! Immediately that sad and lonely feeling has disappeared! I was feeling sorry about the fact that our usual picnic was cancelled and that somehow i was responsible for that. But my daughters just showed me that it doesn't matter where you go or what you do, it's really who you do it with.

I hope you are all out there doing something you love, with someone or something you love, whether you celebrate the 4th or not...

 Have a wonderful 4th of July, wherever you find yourself.... Love, mare


(This sweet plant is called "Angelonia" I bought it as much for it's name as i did for it's beauty. You can never have too many Angels around...)

4 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

That is very true and it is a beautiful plant - I wonder if I can get them here? Will look it up :)
I am so glad your daughter's arrived and took the party with you to see Bill, it must have made his day too.
Have a very Happy Independence Day Mare, I'm with you in spirit!
Love Lynne x

Mare said...

Thank you Lynne! Your comments always make me smile...OH! I got the Angelonia at Walmart! Haven't seen it anywhere else...Have a great day Lynne!

Sketching with Dogs said...

I had a look on ze internets and we can get this flower here so next time I am at the Garden Centre I will have to get one.
Lynne x

Mare said...

I hope you find them Lynne. They are great little plants and flower non stop!