Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wildlife in the Kitchen!

Tucked into a little napkin holder near the kitchen table, are a few of my favorite little bears and bunnies. The knitted bear in the back row center is Cornelius, the first button and thread jointed bear i ever made. He was named after my Grandfather, so he lives here in the kitchen. All other bears and buns were lovingly and expertly made by my friend Jess, from Teddybearswednesday. Jess is a teddy bear expert. The two bears in the back row are handmade by Jess using her own pattern, made of aged mohair and they are fully jointed. The two little bunnies in the front are little sister buns and are crocheted Amigurumi style dolls.... Every time i look at these little critters they make me smile....I hope they bring a smile to you too! Visit Jess' Etsy shop here

6 comments:

Theresa said...

super cute!!!

Mare said...

Thank you Theresa! I have all these sweet little things all around me that make me happy....

Paula said...

Oh my~ SOOO cute, Mare! I'm the same way, I have all my stuffed dolls and animals all over the house... *sigh*...
I don't wanna grow up!

Mare said...

Hi Paula! I'm with you! I'm a kid forever.....(or at least young at heart)

Anonymous said...

Paula and Mare, I third that! My office is brimming with my own plush stuff, other artist plush, Charlie Bears, antique dolls and toys--I keep telling my husband I need to build a weatherproof shed outside, just for my personal toy museum!

Oh, and I am a teddybearwednesday fan too. I love Igor (in her etsy shop)!

Mare said...

Hmmmm Stacey, i think you just gave me a new idea...a personal toy museum!