Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm already there...

I can't wait for this event! It is so close to my home and looks like it will be so much fun!
Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival
The 2nd Annual Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival will be held at the Washington County Fairgrounds on September, 25 and 26, 2010.

More than 90 regional fiber vendors from New York and new England will be participating.
Festival Hours are 9am-5pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
Demonstrations include sheep shearing, weaving, felting, spinning, Kool-Aid dyeing and Rug Hooking.
Fiber animals including a variety of sheep breeds, alpaca, llama, cashmere goats and angora rabbits will be exhibited by their owners.
The Festival will have musical entertainment, Puddles the Clown doing face painting and balloons, and an assortment of Festival foods.
Admission is $5 for Adults, children under 14 are free. There is lots of free parking. For the safety of the animals, vendors, and festival participants, we ask that you leave your pets at home.
For more information, call (518) 692-2464.

Washington County Fair
392 Old Schuylerville Road
Greenwich, New York 12834
Phone: 518-692-2464

4 comments:

Lola Nova said...

Sounds wonderful, have a lovely time!

Mare said...

Hi Lola Nova! I had a fantastic time! It was wonderful....and now i have some lovely super soft alpaca to knit with...Love that stuff...

Paula said...

Oh my goodness, Mare- that sounds like a wonderful event!! I know you had a great time... wish I could have been there with you!

Mare said...

I would have LOVED to meet you there Paula! Someday....