Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Morning Baking

I got up early this morning to do some baking for our annual Easter Brunch. Our family gathers at my Parent's house and we all bring goodies to share at the table. This year i volunteered to bake the bread. The loaves above are a new recipe from my favorite bread book. The bread is called "Limpa" and it is a Scandinavian sweet bread. It is so aromatic, with ingredients like honey, cardamom and anise....mmmmmm

I also baked a loaf of my favorite poppy seed bread, and a loaf of rye too. We'll bring along a few containers of fresh homemade applesauce, made from the local Farmer's Market apples. Happy Easter everyone! (Nance, Ned, and Rob, we miss you!)

8 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh mare!

you are amazing! your breads are wonderful!

happy easter!

xoxo
m & e

Hilary said...

After reading your post about bread, I ordered the BOOK from Amazon....my dough is made and sitting in the fridge right now....
Can't wait to try it. I don't have a pizza stone though....

Mare said...

Thanks and Happy Easter to you too Melissa!
Hilary, my Mom takes the dough i give her(frozen/thawed) and bakes it on her cookie sheet and it comes out just fine. Just be sure to put some sort of tray under the bread and add the hot water for the steam effect while baking the bread. That seems to make a big difference in the crust and the moistness of the bread inside...You will LOVE this bread. Please let me know how it comes out for you! :)OH! The bread i made for today-the Limpa, was DELICIOUS!!!

Phill said...

As I have said before - Your breads are sure prettier than mine! LOL You sure are an excellent student of that book. Happy day, and hope you are having a lovely Easter.

Country Girl said...

Looks great. Happy Easter!

Paula said...

Mare- if I come over one afternoon, will you teach me how to make those gorgeous loaves? LOL

Karin said...

I bet those loaves were just gobbled up! How beautiful they look.

Laura said...

You should teach bread-making classes. I would fly over from California.

I can smell these from here.