Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Beautiful Visitors

 I saw the butterfly first. She was so BIG and heavy bodied that i saw her thru the window in the living room and ran to get my camera
 here she is buried in the phlox in the front garden
 and finally she sat still long enough for me to take her picture.
 But then i saw this blurrrrrr go by and at first i thought it was a little hummingbird
 but when i got close enough to really see it, i saw it was a moth of some kind! I did a search and i think it is a Hummingbird moth! I have never before seen one of these little creatures in my life. But these little guys sure do like pink phlox!
 This little visitor was so fast i could barely point the camera at it in time before it took off for another flower!
 Zip!...blurry....
Zip!!!... blurry....
 (both the butterfly and the moth are in this photo...can you find them?)
 There he is!

1 comment:

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a beautiful creature, the pictures are wonderful - I can't even take pictures of dogs without them being blurred, LOL.
Lynne x