Monday, January 16, 2012

A Different kind of Christmas ornament

I love Christmas...almost everything about it. I love Jesus, i love Santa, i love family, and gift giving, and baking cookies and Christmas music and getting together with family and friends and Christmas trees... I have a small artificial Christmas tree, and i like to keep it set up long after Christmas is over. For me, Christmas starts at the Feast of Sinterklass(Santa Claus' Birthday, Dec. 5th) and St Nicholas Day on the 6th, on thru my birthday on the 19th, and right thru much of the New Year January. But i just noticed something different about my Christmas tree...(written on 1/10)...

It's long and spotted and laying sideways on the branches......

Hmmmmm....

It's a little Christmas kitten!

Rosie came to live with us on the 7th, and it didn't take her long to start exploring...

AND it looks like she loves Christmas trees too! The tree came down on the 10th!

7 comments:

Paula said...

*LOL* What a cutie-pie, Mare!

Mare said...

She sure is Paula! :)

Sketching with Dogs said...

You couldn't buy a nicer ornament!
Thank you for your sweet message Mare.
I am so sorry to hear about your hubby's accident, it must have been so hard for you both.
Like me, you have lots of things you love that occupy your day. It is important that, as carers, we have things for ourselves, our lives are never the same either.
Hugs, Lynne x

Nancy said...

Hi Mare, the last pic aould be a christmas card. Beautiful. I like your new resolution. I really like visiting your blog. Love you alwaysXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Mare said...

Thank you Nance...You know i love you too! I can't wait till you come home and meet your new little kitty nieces!

Mare said...

Dear Lynne, you are so right about having something that feeds us and that we love for ourselves. Our partners have obvious wounds but ours are not as visable...If you EVER need to talk, i am right here for you my friend...Love, mare

Sketching with Dogs said...

Thanks Mare, the same goes here too!
Love Lynne x