Friday, January 29, 2010

A Letter from Nisansala thru ChildFund

I received a little packet in the mail yesterday...It was a progress report on my sweet daughter Nisansala who i sponsor thru ChildFund(formerly Christian Children's Fund) She is growing so fast and becoming quite a beautiful little lady! As you can see on her card, she writes that she would like to become a Teacher.

She is also quite an artist! This is a drawing she did for me...
and here is the Christmas card she made for me. It was enclosed in the packet along with this little note...

Nisansala lives in Sri Lanka, and was personally effected by the unrest taking place in her country. Her letters would be full of stories of the whole family going to bed at night while listening to the terrifying sounds of guns going off in the jungle behind her home. It is amazing what some children have to cope with in their daily lives...Haiti, Sri Lanka, Africa... They are all our children, all our responsibility... I am honored to know this child and have a close bond with her and her Family...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the terrific relationship you have with Nisansala as her sponsor. This would make a great addition to our web site. I invite you to visit www.mychildfund.org and you'll be able to log in as a sponsor and "share your story."
Love your blog site and your beautiful art work.

Virginia Sowers
Community Manager
ChildFund International

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a beautiful little girl Nisansala is and so talented.
That is a really great thing you are doing to help her.
Lynne

Mare said...

Thank you Lynne, actually sponsoring children does just as much for me as it does for them. My family is so much bigger and filled with even more love because of them. I sponsor three other little girls also thru ChildFund- 2 in India and one in Mexico. I get regular letters,photos, reports, drawings and messages of love from them. It's a wonderful thing really...