Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Pie in the Hand

 Bill and i went to the Farmer's Market this weekend to buy some homemade Empanadas from the Peruvian vendors. But when we got there, the vendor was completely sold out. We were very sad....
This morning, i got this recipe in my inbox, and i decided to try my hand at making my own Empanadas, or Hand Pies. This is my very first attempt. I was a little clumsy with the dough, but they sure tasted good, and weren't all that hard to make!
 The dough is a basic pie crust dough, and while most empanadas are fried, these were brushed with cream (i used half and half) and baked in the oven, so i am hoping they are also less fattening!
The filling was really easy to make. Kale, sweet sausage, apple, onion and golden raisins. De-Licious! For the recipe, click here.

2 comments:

Lola Nova said...

Yum! I love anything that resembles pie! I'll have to make some myself!

Mare said...

Alex, they were delicious!Now i am thinking about more fillings to fold into the dough...Yum!